How we support carers
In all the planning and work we do with carers, we comply with the Victorian Carers Recognition Act 2012 and its supporting charter, the Victorian charter supporting people in care relationships.
The Victorian Carers Recognition Act 2012 officially recognises care relationships and the role of carers in our community. It also acknowledges the unique knowledge that carers have about the person in their care.
For more information:
- Visit the Department of Health and Human Services' Carers Recognition Act page.
- Download an authorised version of the Act.
The Victorian charter supporting people in care relationships (DOCX, 68KB) encourages organisations to better respect the important role of carers. It also outlines:
- principles related to carers, care relationships and people being cared for,
- a clear definition of a carer,
- organisations affected by the Act.
For a summary of the charter, download What the Carers Recognition Act says (DOCX, 51KB).