We developed our community engagement strategy to strengthen our relationship with you and learn more about your needs and views. This will help us make informed and transparent decisions.
How we engage with the community
Our Community Engagement Strategy
The Glen Eira Community Engagement Strategy 2022–2026 outlines our approach for connecting with the community, and what we’ve learned about engaging residents to plan for the future.
View our past engagements.
The community engagement model has been adapted from the IAP2 model of engagement and shows four interconnected elements that outline our approach.
- Understand context, define scope and set clear purpose
- Identify stakeholders and define level of influence
- Select methods and sequence
- Prepare Engagement Plan
- Implement the Plan
- Inform decision-making and report back
- Evaluate community engagement process
- Build knowledge and learn
For more information, download our Community Engagement Strategy 2022–2026 (PDF, 3.5MB)
We also have a Community Engagement Policy (PDF, 140KB) which sits alongside the strategy. It outlines our vision and commitment and the aims of engagement.
Community Engagement E-newsletter
Our Community Engagement E-newsletter keeps you informed about our community engagement.
It provides information about:
- when and where engagement is happening
- how you can participate
- outcomes of completed engagement processes.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter in the footer of our website.