Glen Eira Volunteer Expo
During National Volunteer Week, Glen Eira City Council in partnership with Glen Eira Community and Information Service is hosting the Glen Eira Volunteer Expo.
- When: Tuesday 19 May, 10am to 3pm
- Where: Caulfield Park Pavilion, Balaclava Road, Caulfield
Expression of interests are open until Friday 17 April. There are limited spaces so be sure to register soon.
Glen Eira Inclusive Volunteer Program
We provide volunteer opportunities to support the delivery of services and programs on behalf of Council. Anyone is welcome to volunteer particularly people with a disability to support their participation in community life. Volunteers participate in the following services.
Community Support Services
Based at Leila Road, Carnegie, our community support services offer programs for frail older people and people with a disability. Our volunteers participate in the following programs:
- Social Support — the social support programs provides opportunities for friendship and social activities in a supportive environment at the centre for older people. Our volunteers support staff with social activities like music, board games, cards, craft and exercising.
- Community Support — volunteers provide companionship and support to isolated older people and people with disabilities living in their own homes. Volunteers are matched on a one on one basis and visit regularly to provide social interaction and enjoy shared activities. These activities can include playing board games, doing puzzles, going out for coffee or a meal, going to a movie, a drive or visiting the local shops.
- Delivered meals service — volunteers assist on weekdays to deliver healthy meals to people's homes, with roles available as either a driver or passenger (jockey).
The Leisure and Lifestyle program delivered at the three aged care facilities — Rosstown in Carnegie; Spurway in Murrumbeena; and Warrawee in Bentleigh East offer volunteer opportunities to support our residents.
- Social support — our volunteers support staff with social activities for older people or provide companionship and friendship by visiting residents at the facility who would benefit from a chat or a game.
- Cycling without age — connects older people and those less-abled with their community and the outdoors by giving them free rides on trishaw ebikes, piloted by volunteer cyclists. Trishaw rides are currently offered in the beautiful heritage setting of Caulfield Park. Pilots (volunteer cyclists) must have basic cycling experience. Specialist training is provided.
Arts and Culture
- Glen Eira City Council Gallery — volunteer roles may include support at the gallery exhibitions and administration support.
- Festivals and events — major festivals and events are run each year. A wide range of volunteering roles are available to support these events.
Our current volunteer opportunities
There are no opportunities to volunteer at Council at the moment.
New volunteer opportunities will be advertised here.
Volunteering in our community
Council also provides funding to Community Information and Support Glen Eira to manage a Volunteer Resource Program for the community. Contact the centre for more information.
Glen Eira Volunteer framework
In June 2019 a Volunteer Framework was adopted to increase volunteer participation and support community organisations to deliver volunteer programs that foster a strong and resilient community.
Get in touch
For more information about volunteering contact the Access and Inclusion Volunteer Officer on 9524 3333.