East Caulfield Reserve is a tree-lined reserve. It's located nearby to Monash University and at the northern end-point of the Djerring Trail constructed under the Caulfield to Dandenong sky rail.
East Caulfield Reserve
Dogs – off leash
Dogs – on leash
The timber playground includes:
- climbing ropes
- monkey bar rings
- orbit spinner
- bird swing
- trees (that provide natural shade for hours of play)
Picnic shelter and BBQs
East Caulfield Reserve includes a huge grassed space for relaxing with a picnic or BBQ. In addition to the extensive natural shade of the reserve, a picnic shelter with picnic table is located beside the playground area.
The BBQ facilities are located close to the pavilion, between the building and the multi-purpose sports courts. BBQs are a free communal facility for all users of the reserve.
There is a public toilet facility located beside the pavilion, close to the rail line. This toilet is approx. 120m from the playground and 250m from the multipurpose sports courts.
If you're a sports enthusiast, East Caulfield Reserve provides two sports grounds typically playing host to cricket, soccer and football.
Multipurpose sports courts
In addition to natural turfed sports grounds, in a Glen Eira first, 2016 saw the opening of 3 individual multipurpose sports courts. These courts provide an innovative multi-purpose space for which a diverse array of recreation activities can take place, inclusive of small-sided soccer/futsal, handball, basketball, netball.
- Court 1 - Synthetic surface, soccer goals, 33m x 32.3m
- Court 2 - Plexipave surface, basketball/soccer goals, 16.5m x 32.3m
- Court 3 - Plexipave surface, netball/soccer goals, 16.5m x 32.3m
For more information regarding the multipurpose sport courts, including the booking process, Visit the Multi-purpose Courts and Park Facilities page
Did you know? East Caulfield Reserve is home to Monash Gryphons Cricket Club, Southside East Caulfield Cricket Club and Monash Gryphons Soccer Club.
Dog leash information
- The sports grounds and surrounding grassed areas at East Caulfield Reserve are off-leash areas
- The playground, multipurpose sports courts and car park areas are on-leash areas
- Dogs must be on-leash within 20 metres of barbecues and picnic areas, children’s playgrounds, sports and recreation facilities, both public and sporting events (includes set up and take down), and any Park maintenance activities.
- Dogs are not permitted within fenced playgrounds and sports and recreation facilities including the cricket nets and the multi-purpose court
Learn more about dog walking in Glen Eira
There is a generous size function room ideal for parties, classes and community events that are available for hire at East Caulfield Reserve, accessed from Dudley Street.
Make a booking
To apply online you will need to create an account or login.
Please note: A minimum of five (5) business days notice is required for all bookings, subject to availability.
BBQs are a free communal facility for all users of the park. They are not included as part of a picnic shelter reservation.