Find your collection day
To find your collection day, enter your address on our search page.
When will you empty my bins?
- green bin food and garden waste: once a week
- red bin general waste: once a fortnight
- yellow bin recycling: once a fortnight
- Hard rubbish, bulk carboard and bundled branches: you need to book a collection
From Monday 2 August 2021, green waste bins are emptied weekly. Yellow recycling bins and red garbage bins are emptied fortnightly.
From Monday 26 July 2021, green waste bins are emptied weekly. Yellow recycling bins and red garbage bins are emptied fortnightly.
Your regular collection day will vary depending on where you live (see map below). We even collect rubbish on public holidays.
The collection starts very early, so we recommend you put your bins out the night before.
Download your calendar:
Collection area map
Advice for householders regarding COVID-19
Below are some guidelines you can include in your daily routine in regards to COVID-19.
- When you take your bin to the kerb, make sure you wash your hands before and after you bring it back in.
- If you take a bin out on behalf of others, make sure you wear gloves and dispose of them appropriately.
For those with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Put all of your usual items in your bin which goes out for kerbside collection. Wash your hands afterwards.
Please put the following disposable items into a sealed plastic or paper bag and into your bin:
- cleaning cloths
Put the bag in general waste (not recycle or green waste) for kerbside collection.
Put paper, cardboard and other recyclables that have mixed with the above disposable items into general waste as well.
Wash your hands straight after handling disposable items or items that have become mixed with them.
To help waste collectors:
- Compact rubbish — if possible — before putting it in your kerbside general waste bin.
- Don’t compact waste that is already in the bin. It may become stuck and not empty properly.
- Don’t overfill waste or recycling kerbside bins or put them where they may easily tip over or spill.
- Ensure you leave your bin in an unobstructed location.