We collect your household bins every week or every fortnight. Make sure you put your bins out for collection the night before, as the collection starts early.
Where and how should I place my bins?
Put your bins on the nature strip, ensuring that you:
- don’t overload your bins (maximum 75kg)
- don’t place items on top of or next to your bins
- try and bring in your bin on the day we collect it
- don’t block roads, driveways or footpaths
- leave at least half a metre between bins and other objects
- place your bins facing towards the road
- avoid trees, parked cars and overhead power lines.
When is my bin collection day?
- Rubbish bins: once a week
- Recycling and green waste: once a fortnight
- Hard rubbish, bulk carboard and bundled branches: you need to book a collection
Your regular collection day will vary depending on where you live, but it will be on a week day. We even collect rubbish on public holidays.
Collection starts very early, so we recommend you put your bins out the night before.
For more information, download our Recycling and waste services guide and collection calendar (PDF, 3.5MB).
To find your collection day, enter your address on our search page or see the map below.
The truck missed my bin — what do I do?
Leave your bin on the nature strip in case the truck is late. Trucks don’t always visit your street at the same time of day.
What if I put my bin out too late, or not at all?
It’s your responsibility to put your bin out on time and it’s not practical for the garbage truck to return. Please ensure you put your bin out the night before collection.
My bin has gone missing
We’ll replace missing bins at no charge. Contact us on 9524 3333.
My bin is damaged
My bin has been left in my driveway or on the street after collection
If this happens, please let us know. We should return bins to the nature strip after we empty them.
My bin needs cleaning
We have negotiated an arrangement with The Bin Butlers who can offer you a competitive price on their bin cleaning.
To receive your discount when booking online:
- choose 1 OFF BIN CLEANING SERVICE
- choose your options
- go to cart or checkout
- add your coupon code which will be dictated by how many bins you require cleaning
- your coupon code will be your postcode-1bin or postcode-2bin or postcode-3bin (eg. 3204-2bin)
*By accessing this link you will be leaving the Glen Eira City Council’s website. If you engage The Bin Butlers’ services, you will be entering into a separate transaction with The Bin Butlers, which is subject to The Bin Butlers’ terms and conditions of use. Glen Eira City Council is not a party to and does not accept responsibility for any transaction between The Bin Butlers and its customers and is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from use of The Bin Butlers’ website or services provided by The Bin Butlers.