We collect your household bins every week or every fortnight. Make sure you put your bins out for collection the night before, as the collection starts early.
Where and how should I place my bins?
Put your bins on the nature strip, ensuring that you:
- don’t overload your bins (maximum 75kg)
- don’t place items on top of or next to your bins
- try and bring in your bin on the day we collect it
- bins can be placed on driveways to ensure they are accessible for collection
- leave at least half a metre between bins and other objects
- place your bins facing towards the road
- avoid trees, parked cars and overhead power lines.
When is my bin collection day?
- green food and garden waste bin: once a week
- red general waste bin: once a fortnight
- yellow recycling bin: once a fortnight
- Hard rubbish, bulk carboard and bundled branches: you need to book a collection
Your regular collection day will vary depending on where you live, but it will be on a week day. We even collect rubbish on public holidays.
Collection starts very early, so we recommend you put your bins out the night before.
Find your collection day
To find your collection day, enter your address on our search page or see the map below.
The truck missed my bin — what do I do?
Before reporting a missed bin:
- Is it still your collection day? Please leave your bin out in case the truck hasn’t come by yet — bins don’t always get emptied at the same time each week.
- Were roadworks or construction in the way? Please leave your bin out overnight, a truck will usually return the next morning to empty bins that were blocked by roadworks.
- Is there a note on your bin? If there’s a reason we cannot empty your bin (eg. it’s too heavy or highly contaminated), our drivers may leave a note to explain the issue. Please fix any issues before reporting a missed collection.
How to report a missed bin
Please report your missed bin on our online request system or by calling us on 9524 3333. Please leave your bins out in an accessible position on the kerbside or in your driveway ready for collection.
Please make sure your bins are easy to access. We do our best to empty all bins and understand that sometimes they are blocked by other cars. To help ensure the truck can reach your bin, please avoid putting your bins behind other bins, trees, poles or under low hanging trees.
Remember bins can be placed on the edge of a kerb or on your driveway if needed.
What if I put my bin out too late, or not at all?
Please ensure you put your bin out the night before collection. It’s your responsibility to put your bin out on time and it’s not practical for the waste collections trucks to return.
My bin has gone missing
We’ll replace missing bins at no charge. Contact us on 9524 3333.
My bin is damaged
My bin has been left in my driveway or on the street after collection
If this happens, please let us know. We should return bins to the nature strip after we empty them.