We collect your household bins every week or every fortnight. Make sure you put your bins out for collection the night before, as the collection starts early.
Where and how should I place my bins?
Put your bins on the nature strip, ensuring that you:
- don’t overload your bins (maximum 75kg)
- don’t place items on top of or next to your bins
- try and bring in your bin on the day we collect it
- don’t block roads, driveways or footpaths
- leave at least half a metre between bins and other objects
- place your bins facing towards the road
- avoid trees, parked cars and overhead power lines.
The truck missed my bin — what do I do?
Leave your bin on the nature strip in case the truck is late. Trucks don’t always visit your street at the same time of day.
What if I put my bin out too late, or not at all?
It’s your responsibility to put your bin out on time and it’s not practical for the garbage truck to return. Please ensure you put your bin out the night before collection.
My bin has gone missing
We’ll replace missing bins at no charge. Contact us on 9524 3333.
My bin is damaged
My bin has been left in my driveway or on the street after collection
If this happens, please let us know. We should return bins to the nature strip after we empty them.
My bin needs cleaning
We have negotiated an arrangement with The Bin Butlers who can offer you a competitive price on their bin cleaning.
To receive your discount when booking online:
- choose 1 OFF BIN CLEANING SERVICE
- choose your options
- go to cart or checkout
- add your coupon code which will be dictated by how many bins you require cleaning
- your coupon code will be your postcode-1bin or postcode-2bin or postcode-3bin (eg. 3204-2bin)
*By accessing this link you will be leaving the Glen Eira City Council’s website. If you engage The Bin Butlers’ services, you will be entering into a separate transaction with The Bin Butlers, which is subject to The Bin Butlers’ terms and conditions of use. Glen Eira City Council is not a party to and does not accept responsibility for any transaction between The Bin Butlers and its customers and is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from use of The Bin Butlers’ website or services provided by The Bin Butlers.