You will love the playground at Princes Park, which has two levels to add fun to that game of chase. The playground includes:
- a climbing net
- see-saw, springers and spinner
- swings and slides
- monkey bars
- UFO spatial climbing frame
- fireman's pole
- balance board
- educational panels
The mature trees around the play space provide extensive levels of natural shade.
Picnic shelter and BBQs
There are three picnic shelters located at Princes Park
- Maple Street rotunda - located off Maple Street, close to the bowls club. This rotunda has one picnic table with BBQ facilities located next to the rotunda.
- Birch Street rotunda – located off Birch Street, a large rotunda with two picnic tables. There are no BBQ facilities next to this rotunda.
- Beech Street rotunda - located closest to the carpark off Beech Street and basketball ring. There is one picnic table with BBQ facilities located next to the rotunda.
Book and reserve a picnic shelter or outdoor event
To book or find more information visit our Picnic Shelter and Outdoor Events Booking page.
Princes Park has many opportunities for sport and recreation, including:
- four sports grounds (cricket, football and soccer)
- extensive internal walking/running pathways
- small ball court with basketball ring
- cricket training nets
- public tennis courts — Brooklyn Avenue Tennis Courts (two plexi cushion courts with lights) are available for hire. All bookings and payments are made online through the play tennis online booking system.
Did you know? Princes Park is home to Ajax Junior Football Club, Old Haileyburians Amateur Football Club, South Caulfield Cricket Club, Glen Eira City - South Melbourne Junior Soccer Club, Sandringham Dragons Football Club and Glen Eira Tennis Club.
Dog leash information
- All sportsgrounds at Princes Park are off-leash areas. Please respect the shared use of these sportsgrounds by ensuring that dogs are on-leash within 20m of a sporting activity.
- The western end of Princes Park is an on-leash area. This on-leash area includes the playground, rotunda, picnic area, car parks and open space along Hawthorn Road.
The DC Bricker pavilion provides facilities for sporting clubs as well as community and meeting rooms. The pavilion is fully accessible, and includes the following areas for hire:
- a social room (100 person capacity)
- meeting room (12 persons capacity)
- change rooms
Make a booking
To apply online you will need to create an account or login.
Please note: A minimum of five (5) business days notice is required for all bookings, subject to availability.