Packer Park is one of Glen Eira's most popular and well-serviced sport and recreation facilities. With the extensively varied facilities, you can have a BBQ with family and friends, take in the landscape with a stroll along the walking path, shoot some hoops or look for frogs and birds in the wetland area. One of the highlights of Packer Park is that it is home to the City’s only cycling velodrome.
Birdie golf cage
Dogs – off leash
Dogs – on leash
Lawn bowls / bocce area
Multi-purpose hit up wall
Rotunda or picnic shelter
Packer Park has loads of open space for being active, walking, relaxing and playing.
There is a fantastic adventure playground offering huge amounts of fun. The playground includes:
- large combined playground connected with ramps and platforms, containing slides, tunnels, climbers, fireman poles and more
- giant net climber
- imagination panels
Picnic shelter and BBQs
There are three picnic shelters in Packer Park all with access to nearby BBQ facilities.
- Playground rotunda - solid roof rotunda located close to the playground with two tables and seats
- Shade sails - large cloth shaded area close to the playground with tables
- Bowls rotunda - solid roof rotunda with 2 rectangular picnic tables located next to the bowls and bocce area. Booking this rotunda also includes exclusive reservation of the bowling green, should you wish to hire the bowls equipment there is an additional bond of $100.
Book and reserve a picnic shelter or outdoor event
To book or find more information visit our Picnic Shelter and Outdoor Events Booking page.
Packer Park has many opportunities for sport and recreation, including:
- sportsground (cricket and football)
- internal walking/running pathways
- outdoor fitness equipment (under shade sails for protection from the sun)
- a golf birdie cage
- cricket training nets
- Velodrome - for more information or to make a booking, visit the Packer Park Velodrome page
- lawn bowls rink and bocce area
- tennis hit up wall
- basketball ring and netball goal posts
Did you know? Packer Park is home to Glen Eira Amateur Football Club, Washington Park Cricket Club and Carnegie Caulfield Cycling Club.
Dog leash information
- The open space areas located north of the sports ground and east of the creek are both off-leash areas.
- Dogs must be on-leash within 20 metres of barbecues and picnic areas, children’s playgrounds, sports and recreation facilities, both public and sporting events (includes set up and take down), and any Park maintenance activities.
- Dogs are not permitted within fenced playgrounds and sports and recreation facilities including the cricket nets, golf birdie cage, velodrome, bocce and bowls area.
Learn more about dog walking in Glen Eira
The Packer Park pavilion provides facilities for sporting clubs as well as community rooms (for hire). The community room holds 100 people.
Make a booking
To apply online you will need to create an account or login.
Please note: A minimum of five (5) business days notice is required for all bookings, subject to availability.