Packer Park has loads of open space for being active, walking, relaxing and playing.
There is a fantastic adventure playground offering huge amounts of fun. The playground includes:
- large combined playground connected with ramps and platforms, containing slides, tunnels, climbers, fireman poles and more
- giant net climber
- imagination panels
Picnic shelter and BBQs
There are three picnic shelters in Packer Park all with access to nearby BBQ facilities.
- Playground rotunda - solid roof rotunda located close to the playground with two tables and seats
- Shade sails - large cloth shaded area close to the playground with tables
- Bowls rotunda - solid roof rotunda located next to the bowls and bocce area with two tables. Booking this rotunda is accompanied by complementary access to the bowls facility
Book and reserve the picnic shelters
Please contact us by phone or email:
Please note: A minimum of 5 business days’ notice is required for all bookings, subject to availability.
BBQs are a free communal facility for all users of the park. They are not included as part of a picnic shelter reservation.
Packer Park has many opportunities for sport and recreation, including:
- sportsground (cricket and football)
- internal walking/running pathways
- outdoor fitness equipment (under shade sails for protection from the sun)
- a golf birdie cage
- cricket training nets
- Velodrome - for more information or to make a booking, visit the Packer Park Velodrome page
- lawn bowls rink and bocce area
- tennis hit up wall
- basketball ring and netball goal posts
Did you know? Packer Park is home to Glen Eira Amateur Football Club, Washington Park Cricket Club and Carnegie Caulfield Cycling Club.
Dog leash information
- The open space areas located north of the sports ground and east of the creek are both off-leash areas.
- The sport and recreation facilities are all on-leash areas. These areas include the pavilion, sports ground, velodrome, picnic areas, bocce and bowls area, playground and ball sport areas
The Packer Park pavilion provides facilities for sporting clubs as well as community rooms (for hire). The community room holds 100 people.
Make a booking
Please contact us by email or phone:
Please note: fees apply and a minimum of 5 days' notice is required for all bookings.