The playground at Murrumbeena Park is very popular, with a range of equipment to suit the interest of all ages. The play space offers:
- flying fox
- atom-shaped climbing frame
- large spinners
- 7 different types of swings
- wooden cubby house
- climbing net
- shade from the surrounding trees
Picnic shelters and BBQs
There are three picnic shelters located in Murrumbeena Park:
- Kangaroo rotunda is located closest to the flying fox
- Joey rotunda is located closest to the imagination play and junior area of the playground
- The South West rotunda is located closest to the basketball ring, sports pavilion and open space area
Each of the picnic shelters at Murrumbeena Park are nearby to BBQ and public toilet facilities.
Book and reserve one of the picnic shelters
Please contact us by phone or email:
Please note: BBQs are a free communal facility for all users of the park. They are not included as part of a picnic shelter reservation. Fees apply and a minimum of 5 business days’ notice is required for all bookings.
Murrumbeena Park has many opportunities for sport and recreation, including:
- two sports grounds (cricket and football)
- internal walking/running pathways
- small ball court with basketball ring
- cricket training nets
Did you know? Murrumbeena Park is home to Murrumbeena Football Club, Murrumbeena Junior Football Club and Murrumbeena Cricket Club.
Dog leash information
There are two separate off-leash areas at Murrumbeena Park:
- the eastern sportsground and area to its north and east
- the open space area west of the playground along Kangaroo Road, not including the basketball area and picnic shelter
The western sportsground, playground area and the open space that links to Gerald Street are all on-leash areas.
The Murrumbeena Park pavilion provides facilities for sporting clubs as well as a community room (for hire). The community room holds up to 200 people.
Make a booking
Please note, fees apply and a minimum of 5 business days' notice is required for all bookings.