The nature play space at McKinnon Reserve includes:
- giant multi-level tower play unit
- a parkour unit, monkey bars and scramble net
- tree cubby
- hammock and rope bridge
- seesaw and balance beams
- village shop and gas station
- five way swing
- flying fox
- forest maze
Please note: commencement of further play space developments is to occur late 2019/early 2020. These additional play features will include a modified basketball court, a custom bouldering wall and additional social seating.
Picnic shelter and BBQs
The picnic shelter is located close to the playground, with two picnic tables available for social gatherings. There are BBQ facilities and public toilets nearby to the picnic shelter to add another element to your picnic.
Book and reserve the picnic shelter
Please contact us by email or phone:
Please note: A minimum of 5 business days’ notice is required for all bookings, subject to availability.
BBQs are a free communal facility for all users of the park. They are not included as part of a picnic shelter reservation.
McKinnon Reserve has many opportunities for recreation, including:
- two sports grounds (cricket and football)
- internal walking/running pathways
- a golf birdie cage
- cricket training nets
Did you know? McKinnon Reserve is home to St Paul's Bentleigh Football Club, St Paul's McKinnon Junior Football Club and McKinnon Cricket Club.
Dog leash information
- The northern end of McKinnon Reserve, including the playground and main oval closest to McKinnon Road, is an on-leash area.
- The southern end of the park (oval two) is an off-leash area.