The nature play space at McKinnon Reserve includes:
- giant multi-level tower play unit
- a parkour unit, monkey bars and scramble net
- tree cubby
- hammock and rope bridge
- seesaw and balance beams
- village shop and fill-up station
- five way swing
- flying fox
- forest maze
Picnic shelter and BBQs
The picnic shelter is located close to the playground, with two picnic tables available for social gatherings. There are BBQ facilities and public toilets nearby to the picnic shelter to add another element to your picnic.
To book or find more information visit our Picnic Shelter and Outdoor Events Booking page
McKinnon Reserve has many opportunities for recreation, including:
- two sports grounds (cricket and football)
- internal walking/running pathways
- golf birdie cage
- cricket training nets
- a smaller sized basketball court (with goals at both ends)
- bouldering wall
- netball ring
Did you know? McKinnon Reserve is home to St Paul's Bentleigh Football Club, St Paul's McKinnon Junior Football Club and McKinnon Cricket Club.
Dog leash information
- The northern end of McKinnon Reserve, including the playground and main oval closest to McKinnon Road, is an on-leash area.
- The southern end of the park (oval two) is an off-leash area.
- Dogs must be on-leash within 20 metres of barbecues and picnic areas, children’s playgrounds, sports and recreation facilities, both public and sporting events (includes set up and take down), and any Park maintenance activities.
- Dogs are not permitted within fenced playgrounds and sports and recreation facilities including the cricket nets and golf birdie cage.