The nature play space at McKinnon Reserve includes:
- giant multi-level tower play unit
- a parkour unit, monkey bars and scramble net
- tree cubby
- hammock and rope bridge
- seesaw and balance beams
- village shop and gas station
- five way swing
- flying fox
- forest maze
A multi-purpose play space is available for the more active players which includes:
- a smaller sized basketball court (with goals at both ends)
- a netball ring
- a bouldering wall and soccer goals
- social seating
Picnic shelter and BBQs
The picnic shelter is located close to the playground, with two picnic tables available for social gatherings. There are BBQ facilities and public toilets nearby to the picnic shelter to add another element to your picnic.
Book and reserve a picnic shelter
The full booking fee payment is required within 48 hours of receipt of invoice.
You are required to email us proof of payment if your booking has been approved within 48 hours notice from your booking date.
Equipment such as marquees, jumping castles, petting zoos and BBQs are not permitted without written consent from us.
Please note: A minimum notice of five (5) business days is required for all bookings (subject to availability).
BBQs are a free communal facility for all users of the park. They are not included as part of a picnic shelter reservation.
McKinnon Reserve has many opportunities for recreation, including:
- two sports grounds (cricket and football)
- internal walking/running pathways
- a golf birdie cage
- cricket training nets
Did you know? McKinnon Reserve is home to St Paul's Bentleigh Football Club, St Paul's McKinnon Junior Football Club and McKinnon Cricket Club.
Dog leash information
- The northern end of McKinnon Reserve, including the playground and main oval closest to McKinnon Road, is an on-leash area.
- The southern end of the park (oval two) is an off-leash area.