Proposed sale of land adjoining 12 and 14 Doris Street and 2/52 Murrumbeena Crescent, Murrumbeena,
The objectives of the Local Law are to:
- provide for the peace, order and good government of the municipality
- promote a physical and social environment free from hazards to health, in which the residents of and visitors to the municipality can enjoy a quality of life that meets the general expectations of the community
- promote the health and wellbeing of residents of and visitors to the municipality
- provide mechanisms for Council to declare parts of the municipality as smoke-free zones
- provide mechanisms for Council to proclaim parts of the municipality as smoke-free zones.
The effect of the Local Law is to:
- provide for Council to have the power to prescribe and declare areas of its municipality as smoke-free zones
- create offences relating to smoking in smoke-free zones
- establish penalties for offences and provide for enforcement proceedings
- empower authorised Council officers to issue infringement notices.
The Local Law comes into operation on 14 December 2021. A copy of the Local Law is available for inspection, during office hours, at Council’s office at the corner of Glen Eira and Hawthorn
Roads, Caulfield, Victoria 3162 and on Council’s website.
Principal Legal Officer