How do I book a collection?
Bookings can be made from one day to one week in advance. To book a collection use the button below or contact our customer service team.
What can I put out in hard rubbish?
- furniture, electronic equipment (size of a DVD player or larger) and appliances
- up to one cubic metre of carpet
- whitegoods (fridge doors must be removed)
- up to 10 small pieces of timber (including fence palings, less than 2 metres long)
We may not collect everything at once. Separate trucks are used for different items.
We cannot collect:
- car parts, batteries or tyres
- gas bottles
- chemicals or liquids
- paint or oil
- commercial or business waste
- waste material from construction or demolition (timber, bricks, concrete, etc)
- heavy items that can't be lifted by two people
- broken glass
- Maximum of four cubic metres of hard waste.
- Maximum length or height of two metres for single items.
The items and materials collected through the hard rubbish stream are directed to specialised facilities for further processing and recycling. The residual waste that is left behind from these processes is disposed at landfill. Materials like carpet and timber cannot be recycled.