What we do next depends on the type of problem we discover, and how serious it is.
We could take one or more of the following actions:
- Negotiation: if your breach is less serious and has limited amenity impacts on other properties. For example, we may negotiate for you to submit an application to amend a Planning Permit or endorsed plans.
- Request for Compliance or Official Warning: if your breach impacts on others but you have viable options for resolving it.
- Planning Infringement Notice: if your breach is more serious and you haven't shown intent to resolve it. We may also take this action if you've committed previous offences and we feel a warning is unlikely to resolve the matter.
- Enforcement Order: if you've seriously breached the Glen Eira Planning Scheme or committed ongoing breaches, we may apply to VCAT for an enforcement order to rectify the problem.
- Other jurisdictions: if you've seriously breached the Glen Eira Planning Scheme, we may refer you to the Magistrate's Court seeking prosecution for the offence.