Our Disability Reference Committee (DRC) advises on issues around access and inclusion for people with a disability. The committee is an important link between Council, people with a disability and the wider community.
Disability Reference Committee
What does the DRC do?
The DRC includes people with disabilities, carers, community representatives and disability service providers. They help people with disabilities by:
- representing their interests, including those of carers and family members,
- advising on issues and barriers affecting them and their carers who live, work or study in Glen Eira,
- responding to relevant policies, reports, research and plans,
- monitoring the implementation strategy of Council’s Community Wellbeing Plan 2021–2025.
The DRC meets every second month at the Glen Eira Town Hall.
We are seeking new members
Are you interested in representing the rights and interests of people with disability in Glen Eira? Do you have a lived experience of disability? Are you a carer or service provider?
We are looking for new community representatives to join our Disability Reference Committee in 2022.
The Committee meet to discuss, provide advice and advocate on a range of issues impacting people with disabilities who live, work or study within the municipality.
If you are interested in becoming a Committee member, complete an Expression of Interest form, or contact Council’s Service Centre on 9524 3333 to have a form sent to you.
Applications close 5pm Friday 30 April 2022.
For more information about the DRC's structure and purpose:
- Download the Terms of Reference (DOCX, 695KB).
- Contact our Access and Inclusion officer on 9524 3333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.