What does the DRC do?
The DRC includes people with disabilities, carers, community representatives and disability service providers. They help people with disabilities by:
- representing their interests, including those of carers and family members
- advising on issues and barriers affecting them and their carers who live, work or study in Glen Eira
- responding to relevant policies, reports, research and plans
- monitoring the implementation strategy of Council’s Disability Action Plan 2017–2021 (PDF, 5MB).
The DRC meets every second month at the Glen Eira Town Hall.
Can I become a DRC member?
You can become a DRC member if you live, work or study in the City of Glen Eira and:
- have a lived experience of disability
- are a family member or carer for a person with a disability
- are a disability service provider
- are a community member with interest, enthusiasm and commitment to disability issues.
We review our membership every two years.
For more information about the DRC's structure and purpose:
- download the Terms of Reference (DOCX, 695KB)
- contact our Access and Inclusion officer on 9524 3333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org