Under the Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Act), plans must:
- include data about health status and health determinants of people in the Council area
- identify goals and strategies for a community where people can achieve maximum health and wellbeing
- involve residents in developing, implementing and evaluating the plan
- identify how they will work with the community, government and organisations to improve health and wellbeing outcomes.
The Glen Eira Community Wellbeing Plan 2021–2025 was adopted by Council on 26 October 2021. The plan guides how we will plan and support our community to enjoy good health and wellbeing and to be resilient at every stage of life for the next four years.
The Plan has been developed using knowledge from research, health and wellbeing profile statistics, and community engagement data.
Our health and wellbeing priorities
The Plan outlines six priorities that are central to positive experiences at all stages of life and that aim to improve our community’s most pressing health and wellbeing concerns.
The six priority areas of the Community Wellbeing Plan 2021–2025 are:
- Improve public health protection
- Strengthen mental health and social connection
- Enhance active living
- Create healthier environments
- Embrace creativity, learning and diversity
- Promote respect, care and equity
Each year we will develop action plans throughout the life of the four year plan. These documents will identify the activities we will undertake to meet each priority. Download our current Action Plan 2023–2024 (PDF, 1Mb)
You can find out more about our community health and wellbeing profile and socio-demographic characteristics in our Health and Wellbeing Profile (PDF, 7Mb).