The kids will have heaps of fun in the challenging playground, which includes:
- rope climbing frame
- swings and basket swing
- large bug springers and stand up spinners
- education panels
- fireman's pole
Picnic shelter and BBQs
The picnic shelter is located close to the playground, with 2 picnic tables available for social gatherings. There are BBQ facilities nearby to the picnic shelter to add another element to your picnic.
Book and reserve the picnic shelter
Please note: A minimum of 5 business days’ notice is required for all bookings, subject to availability.
BBQs are a free communal facility for all users of the park. They are not included as part of a picnic shelter reservation.
King George VI Memorial Reserve has many opportunities for recreation, including:
- two sports grounds (cricket and football)
- basketball half court
- multi purpose hit up wall with tennis lines, targets and soccer goals
- a golf birdie cage
- ball toss tower and netball ring
- cricket training nets
Did you know? King George VI Memorial Reserve is home to Bentleigh Junior Football Club, Bentleigh ANA Cricket Club, East Bentleigh Central Cricket Club and Kings Park Tennis Club.
Dog leash information
- The western side of King George VI Memorial Reserve closest to East Boundary Road (including the playground and the western oval) is on-leash.
- The eastern oval closest to Chesterville Road is off-leash.