Enter King George VI Memorial Reserve via a small entrance off East Boundary Road, and enter an expanse of recreational opportunities. It offers loads of space for walking, great facilities for relaxing, socialising or playing, as well as many sporting activities.
King George VI Memorial Reserve
Birdie golf cage
Dogs – off leash
Dogs – on leash
Rotunda or picnic shelter
Multi-purpose hit up wall
The kids will have heaps of fun in the challenging playground, which includes:
- rope climbing frame
- swings and basket swing
- large bug springers and stand up spinners
- education panels
- fireman's pole
Book and reserve a picnic shelter or outdoor event
To book or find more information visit our Picnic Shelter and Outdoor Events Booking page
King George VI Memorial Reserve has many opportunities for recreation, including:
- two sports grounds (cricket and football)
- basketball half court
- multi purpose hit up wall with tennis lines, targets and soccer goals
- a golf birdie cage
- ball toss tower and netball ring
- cricket training nets
Did you know? King George VI Memorial Reserve is home to Bentleigh Junior Football Club, Bentleigh ANA Cricket Club, East Bentleigh Central Cricket Club and Kings Park Tennis Club.
Dog off-leash information
- Both sports grounds at King George VI Memorial Reserve are off-leash.
- Dogs must be on-leash within 20 metres of barbecues and picnic areas, children’s playgrounds, sports and recreation facilities, both public and sporting events (includes set up and take down), and any Park maintenance activities.
- Dogs are not permitted within fenced playgrounds and sports and recreation facilities including the golf birdie cage.