Located just around the corner from Patterson train station, Halley Park is a beautiful open space surrounded by large historic trees. There is plenty of grassed area to relax in, and the park also offers a great range of facilities for play, sport, exercise and socialising.
Dogs – off leash
Dogs – on leash
Rotunda or picnic shelter
You will love Halley Park playground, which includes:
- flying fox and monkey bars
- large pyramid climbing frame
- extensive playground platforms
- shade sails for protection on sunny days
Picnic shelter and BBQs
The picnic shelter is located close to the playground, with multiple picnic tables available for social gatherings, birthday parties and various celebrations. There are BBQ facilities nearby to the picnic shelter to add another element to your picnic.
Book and reserve a picnic shelter or outdoor event
To book or find more information visit our Picnic Shelter and Outdoor Events Booking page
Halley Park has opportunities for active recreation, including:
- small basketball court with hoop
- walking path
- outdoor fitness equipment
- grassed open space
Dog leash information
- The open grassed area at the western end of Halley Park (closest to Ethel Street) is off-leash.
- All other areas of Halley Park, including the playground and picnic areas, are on-leash.
- Dogs must be on-leash within 20 metres of barbecues and picnic areas, children’s playgrounds, sports and recreation facilities, both public and sporting events (includes set up and take down), and any Park maintenance activities.
- Dogs are not permitted within fenced playgrounds and sports and recreation facilities.