Proposed sale of land adjoining 12 and 14 Doris Street and 2/52 Murrumbeena Crescent, Murrumbeena,
The general purpose of the proposed Local Law is to:
- regulate applications for and the granting of permits
- conditions of permits
- payment of fees and other relevant matters
- establish penalties for offences and provide for enforcement proceedings
- empower Council to recover costs of enforcement
- empower authorised Council officers to issue an infringement notice
- a Notice to Comply and a direction in relation to matters under the proposed Local Law
- empower authorised Council officers to enter private land for the purpose of inspecting trees
- empower authorised Council officers to issue an interim protection order in relation to nominated trees
- provide for offences by corporations
- provide for the internal review of certain decisions in relation to the issuing of permits, nomination of trees and delisting of trees
- require a person to obtain a permit from Council in relation to removal, pruning, damaging, killing or destroying a Classified Tree or a tree required to be planted as a condition of a permit or a direction in a Notice to Comply and to carry out works within the tree protection zone of a Classified Tree or a tree required to be planted as a condition of a permit or a direction in a Notice to Comply
- prohibit the following matters:
- obtaining a permit by false representations
- failing to produce a permit
- failing to comply with permit conditions
- failing to obtain a permit
- failing to comply with a Notice to Comply
- failing to comply with a direction from an authorised Council officer.
A copy of the proposed Local Law, incorporated documents and the accompanying Community Impact Statement are available for inspection and may be obtained, during office hours, from Glen Eira City Council office at corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield. These documents are also available on Council’s websites at Glen Eira and Have Your Say.
Any person affected by the proposed Local Law may make a submission relating to the proposed Local Law under section 223 of the Act.
Written submissions to be submitted to Council under section 223 of the Act must be received by Council by 29 July 2020.
Submissions regarding the proposed Local Law must be in writing and should be marked ‘Classified Tree Local Law Submission’ and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Glen Eira City Council, PO Box 42 Caulfield South 3162. Submissions in writing may also be delivered to Council’s Service Centre, corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield or by e-mail.
Council will consider any written submission relating to the proposed Local Law in accordance with section 223 of the Act. Any person who has made a written submission under section 223 of the Act to Council and has requested to be heard in support of their written submission is entitled to appear in person, or to be represented by a person specified in the submission, at a meeting of Council on 11 August 2020 commencing at 7.30pm. Any person requiring further information concerning the proposed Local Law should in the first instance contact Council’s Service Centre on 9524 3333.
Chief Executive Officer