The Glen Eira City Council has prepared Amendment C218glen to the Glen Eira Planning Scheme. Glen Eira City Council is the planning authority for this amendment.
Planning and Environment Act 1987
GLEN EIRA PLANNING SCHEME
The land affected by the amendment is all land within the City of Glen Eira municipal boundaries.
The amendment proposes to:
- Introduce a new Municipal Planning Strategy and local policies within the Planning Policy Framework of the Glen Eira Planning Scheme to replace the Municipal Strategic Statement at Clause 21 and local planning policies at Clause 22 of the Glen Eira Planning Scheme.
- Amend the Schedules at Clause 32.07 (Schedules 1 and 2 to the Residential Growth Zone), Clause 32.08 (Schedules 1, 2 and 3 to the General Residential Zone) and Clause 32.09 (Schedule 1 to the Neighbourhood Residential Zone) to implement recent reforms to the Victoria Planning Provisions, to be consistent with the Ministerial Direction on the Form and Content of Planning Schemes and make minor changes to improve the operation of the Schedules.
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 43.01 (Heritage Overlay) to introduce application requirements, introduces Statements of Significance to apply to 19 existing heritage precincts, and makes other minor changes to correct errors and improve the operation of the Schedule.
- Amend Schedule 1 to Clause 53.01 (Parking Overlay) to correct an error and to be consistent with the Ministerial Direction on the Form and Content of Planning Schemes.
- Amend the Schedule at Clause 72.04 (Documents Incorporated in this Planning Scheme) to remove two existing incorporated documents that are no longer required, introduces 19 new Statements of Significance for heritage precincts as new Incorporated Documents to the Glen Eira Planning Scheme and other minor changes to improve the operation of the Schedule.
- Introduces a new Schedule to Clause 72.08 (Background documents) that contains a list of background documents used to underpin the Municipal Planning Strategy, local policies in the Planning Policy Framework and local schedules, to replace all existing reference documents to the Glen Eira Planning Scheme. The list consists of 11 existing reference documents to be retained as background documents and nine new background documents.
- Introduces a new schedule to Clause 74.01 (Application of zones, overlays and provisions) that provides an explanation of the relationship between the Municipal objectives and strategies and the application of controls on use and development in the planning scheme.
- Introduces a new schedule to Clause 74.02 (Further strategic work) that identifies further strategic work that will be undertaken to further support the strategic directions of the Municipal Planning Strategy.
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at:
- the Glen Eira City Council website: www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au/amendment-c220
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website: delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection.
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions.
The closing date for submissions is Thursday 23 December 2021. A submission must be sent to the Glen Eira City Council:
- Online (preferred): directly from Council’s website at: www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au/amendment-c220
- By email: email@example.com Attention: City Futures – Amendment C220
- By post:
Attention: City Futures – Amendment C220
City of Glen Eira City Council
PO Box 42
Caulfield South Vic 3162
Manager City Futures