To ensure public safety and social distancing, all Council community immunisation session dates listed for this venue will now be conducted at the same time and day at Glen Eira Town Hall (corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield) until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience. We hope to see you and your family at a Council session at Glen Eira Town Hall soon.
The health and well being of our visitors, staff and the broader community is our priority as we deliver a phased re-introduction of library services. From 3 June 2020, this will be a limited reservation pick-up service through a booking system only.
We will continue to follow COVID-19 safety guidelines from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services regarding visitor numbers, safe distancing and hygiene standards. You’ll notice some differences to the services we can offer at this time.
Steps to COVIDsafe Libraries — Phase 1
Phase 1 starts on Wednesday 3 June and is a “Click and Collect” reservation pick up service only. There is no general public access to the library or browsing during Phase 1 of our re-introduction of library services. Bookings are essential.
Reservation and overdue charges have been suspended. You can renew your items anytime online or call the libraries for help.
Our measures will give library members access to books and other library materials while we maintain safe spaces, good hygiene practices and social distancing. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
What will change
- Book returns chutes — will be open 24 hours for members to return borrowed items. Please do not return items if you are unwell. Newly returned items will be quarantined before being available for loan.
- Click and collect reservation pick up — there is no public access for browsing and borrowing at the library. Only reserved items ready for collection can be borrowed. Bookings to collect reserved items must be made prior to visiting the library. Bookings can be made online or by calling the libraries. (find more information below)
- Visitor numbers — no more than 20 people will be allowed to enter the library and be in that space at one time, subject to the four square metre rule and 1.5 metre social distancing. Library staff will manage library items and assist library members.
- Opening hours — opening hours will temporarily change until further notice. Bentleigh, Carnegie and Caulfield libraries will open 2pm to 6pm Monday to Friday. (Elsternwick Library is closed for building works).
- Wi-Fi — will be turned on during library opening hours. This will be accessed from outside only, maintaining physical distancing.
To find our more visit the libraries website.