Council’s grooviest outdoor event series returns this month. The first event in the popular Groove and Graze series will take place on Saturday 26 October at Halley Park, Jasper Road, Bentleigh.
Council is inviting interested parties to express their interest in joining this voluntary committee to share their expertise and knowledge about the local economy, industry-specific challenges and opportunities.
Candidates will ideally represent a wide variety of business sectors, including: health; professional and technical services; arts and creative industries; education; training; manufacturing; construction; wholesale/retail; trade; hospitality/food; and tourism/events.
The Committee will meet four times a year to provide advice and recommendations to Council in relation to business and economic planning, including:
- Helping to direct Council’s ongoing COVID-19 response to support local businesses.
- Discussing the types of services that would benefit local businesses to be sustainable.
- Providing information and feedback to Council on current business activities and trends in the local economy and the impact on businesses.
- Identifying opportunities for Council to attract business investment.
- Developing relationships between various business sectors with Council to foster collaboration and information sharing.
- Advocating to Council on behalf of the individual business sectors represented and identify when tailored action is required.
- Providing feedback to Council on proposed projects and activities.
- Providing feedback on business support mechanisms and initiatives in place and proposed by Council.
- Having the opportunity to champion climate change and sustainability in our business sector.
For further information, visit www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/business
Expressions of interest close 19 December 2021.