Council’s grooviest outdoor event series returns this month. The first event in the popular Groove and Graze series will take place on Saturday 26 October at Halley Park, Jasper Road, Bentleigh.
The proposed locations are:
- Orrong Road, between Dandenong Road and Riddell Parade, Caulfield North/St Kilda East/Elsternwick (the existing part-time 40km/h school zones will be retained)
- Kooyong Road, between Dandenong Road and North Road, Caulfield North/Caulfield/Caulfield South/Gardenvale
- Bambra Road, between Balaclava Road and North Road, Caulfield North/Caulfield/Caulfield South
- Kambrook Road, between Normanby Road and Glen Huntly Road, Caulfield/Caulfield North
- Booran Road, between Neerim Road and North Road, Glen Huntly/Ormond (the existing part-time 40km/h school zone will be retained)
- Neerim Road, between Bambra Road and Booran Road, Caulfield (the existing part-time 40km/h school zone will be retained)
- Poath Road, between Dandenong Road and North Road, Murrumbeena (the existing 7am to 11pm 40km/h zone along the shopping strip will be retained)
The Integrated Transport Strategy (ITS) strives to achieve a 50:50 mode share of car and non-car trips by 2031. One of the ways this will be achieved is to increase the use of non-car alternatives where appropriate (walking, cycling, public transport and working from home) by making these options as safe, convenient and attractive as possible.
High vehicle speeds can be a disincentive to walking and cycling, especially near major roads where the speed limits are usually higher. Speed is also a major factor contributing to the number and severity of crashes. Lowering speed limits within our streets encourages a safer interaction between all types of road users and results in a more attractive and liveable environment.
If you would like to provide feedback on the proposal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (SUBJECT: Glen Eira lowers speed limits feedback) by Monday 18 October 2021. If you wish to discuss the proposal, please contact Council’s Traffic Engineering Team on 9524 3333.