The State Government, Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) announced the outcome of Council’s applications for the 2017/18 Community Sports Infrastructure Funding.
We have secured a site for a large-scale artwork to be installed along Glenhuntly Road on the rail bridge wall (opposite Elsternwick Station).
We are looking for an artist/creative professional who, through the work can:
- respond to, and reflect the local community and area
- create an engaging visual.
This project will contribute to the development of Elsternwick as a cultural hub as well as reducing graffiti and beautifying the area. After success with our Brightening Bentleigh murals, we are excited to see this space in Elsternwick transform.
The artwork aims to:
- enhance the local economy by attracting new visitors to the Elsternwick activity centre — adding to the continuing efforts to promote Elsternwick as a Melbourne metro destination.
- assist in the beautification of Elsternwick and assist in the reduction of graffiti.
- create a point of interest in a unique space that will be experienced by hundreds of residents and visitors daily.
- support and engage creative professionals.
Expressions of interest open
Expressions of interest are open until 2pm Wednesday 31 March. To find out more and to submit an Expressions of interest visit our eTendering portal.
The project has a budget of $25,000 including GST and must cover the following:
- Conceptualisation and Design, with up to 2 revisions for each.
- Development of a detailed project plan.
- Delivery of the project within agreed time frames.
- Attendance at the launch of the project and up to 5 media interviews/opportunities as set out by the Glen Eira City Council Media and Communications team.
- Maintenance and/or retouching as required for a one year period from the date of completion.
|26 February 2021||Expression of interest open|
|31 March 2021||Expression of interest close|
|6 April 2021||Expressions assessed|
|9 April 2021||Selection panel vote on final artist|
|12 April 2021||Successful artist notified|
|16 April 2021||Letter of agreement exchanged with artist and purchase orders raised|
|17 to 26 April 2021||Draft final artwork concept received|
|26 April to 10 May 2021||Revision period|
|17 May to 28 May||Artwork installed|
|June/July 2021 (Date to be confirmed)||Artwork launch|
|July/August 2021 (Date to be confirmed)||Evaluation report completed|
We are aware that the City of Monash has disclosed that, following an internal review of its infringement appeals process that it has concerns regarding its level of compliance with the requirements of the Infringements Act. It is important to note that no two councils’ contracts or processes with Tenix are identical.