NAIDOC Week (7 to 14 July) celebrates the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
What is the Strategic Transport Advisory Committee
Operating within Terms of Reference set by Council, the Strategic Transport Advisory Committee (STAC) is comprised of three councillors and four community members and assists us on transport-related projects and issues in Glen Eira.
The STAC has a role in:
- providing advice on implementing our Integrated Transport Strategy
- facilitating understanding of transport needs emerging in Glen Eira
- supporting community engagement in transport issues and projects
- considering urban design to achieve high-quality pedestrian friendly outcomes
- providing advice on Victorian transport initiatives relevant to Glen Eira
- providing advice on Council’s advocacy roles
- providing advice on policy issues where appropriate
- reporting back to Council.
Since its establishment in 2018, the STAC has assisted us with the development of a range of transport plans, strategies and projects, helping us work towards a well-connected Glen Eira.
About the committee representative role
STAC community representatives contribute toward the overall function of the Committee, drawing on their interest, experiences, local knowledge and ideas.
Applications for community representative positions are now open to Glen Eira community members of all ages, from people with a strong connection to Glen Eira, and with a background that could involve:
- transport planning/strategic planning experience
- urban design
- public and community advocacy
- expertise in all-ability access
- enthusiasm in supporting walking, cycling and other transport forms.
The role is non-voting and does not include acting or speaking on behalf of the Committee or Council. The roles are also voluntary and non-remunerated. Members names are made publically available on Council’s website, and in meeting minutes, considered and endorsed at Glen Eira Council meetings.
How can you apply?
The application form will seek:
- your response to selection questions
- your resume.
STAC Councillor members will consider all applications, before making a recommendation on the appointment of community representative members to Council.
Applications must be received by Monday 21 December.