During this time, we want everyone to stay connected. Here are some ways you can stay connected with each other and with Council services.
It marks the anniversary of the first military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. We pay our respects to the significant sacrifice and suffering of all those who have served and died in all wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations from Australia and New Zealand.
As a sign of respect Council placed wreaths at the following cenotaphs:
- Cenotaph at Caulfield Park;
- Memorial at McKinnon Memorial Gardens;
- Memorial at Bentleigh Hodgson Reserve;
- Memorial Garden at the eastern end of Koornang Park; and
- Cenotaph at corner Drummond Street and Atherton Roads, Oakleigh.
Our community members are encouraged to stand at the end of their driveway to observe a minute’s silence at 6am on Saturday 25 April to reflect and commemorate the sacrifice of our service people.