Council’s grooviest outdoor event series returns this month. The first event in the popular Groove and Graze series will take place on Saturday 26 October at Halley Park, Jasper Road, Bentleigh.
Picknick in Caulfield North has been named Council’s Shop of the Year for achieving the highest food safety rating after being assessed by Council’s environmental health officers in 2019. Southern Grace Diner by Big Boy BBQ in Caulfield South was named Shop of the Year Runner-up.
This year, there were 10 finalists. Each business was nominated as the best performer in their business category and received a Highly Commended certificate.
Finalists for 2020 were:
- Café — Picknick, Caulfield North;
- Restaurant — Southern Grace Diner by Big Boy BBQ, Caulfield South;
- Supermarket — Woolworths Metro, Caulfield North;
- School Canteen — Murrumbeena Primary School, Murrumbeena;
- Caterer — Dody Oliver Catering, Caulfield;
- Manufacturer — Charlie’s Cookies, Bentleigh East;
- Club — Murrumbeena Park Bowling Club, Murrumbeena;
- Bakery — Pastry Supreme Bakehouse, Bentleigh East;
- Takeaway — Nostralis Wholemeal Pizza, Caulfield North; and
- Delicatessen — Granite Deli, Carnegie.