What is a grant?
A grant is money paid to an individual or organisation to help them do something great.
How does Glen Eira give out grants?
We receive funding for our Community Grants Program in our annual budget. This program offers grants to support not-for-profit groups and community-based organisations in various projects and activities.
The program aims to:
- strengthen community connections and collaborations
- develop an accessible and inclusive community
- encourage community initiatives that promote self-sufficiency, innovation and respond to community needs
- help strengthen community capacity to plan and implement services
- support celebration and participation in community life
- fund projects that deliver meaningful social impact.
Are there different streams?
Yes, there are two funding streams, Community Strengthening Grants - up to $3,000 and Partnership and Events Grants - up to $10,000.
Community Strengthening Grants are suited to small local community groups run by volunteers to:
- build capacity of organisations
- enhance current localised services
- provide community-based projects
- increase community participation in local activities.
Partnership and Events Grants are suited to not-for-profit organisations who have a broad community focus to:
- support new and existing partnerships to deliver collaborative projects
- support planning and delivery of festivals or events that are accessible to the broader Glen Eira community
- support for services that benefit the Glen Eira community.
What can I use grants for?
Some of our most common reasons for applying for grants include:
How do I apply for a grants?
grants online via our SmartyGrants page.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit SmartyGrants
- Select the relevant form (there are several to choose from, depending on the type of grant you're applying for).
- Preview the application form (optional)
- Choose Start a submission by selecting ‘Login’ for your existing account or ‘Register’ for a new account. Use your organisation’s email address and create a password when you register.
Once registered, you can login and start an application. SmartyGrants allows you to save your progress and return to your application later, and also to upload supporting documents.