We are planning a series of improvements and extensions to the Rosstown Rail Trail to make the route a safer environment for walkers and cyclists.
We have secured funding through the Victorian Government’s Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program to redevelop the play space at Princes Park as part of our 2021/22 Capital Works program.
Earlier this year we engaged with members of the community to understand how the playspace could be redeveloped to invigorate new play opportunities for a range of ages, abilities and interests. The feedback provided informed the final design of the playspace that was endorsed by Council on 16 March 2021.
The playspace will:
- retain the same play features such as slides, swings and climbing elements
- include additional play equipment such as cubbies, timber swings, musical pieces, boardwalks, monkey bars, climbing nets, mirrors, springers, etc.
- include new active recreation facilities, including a redeveloped basketball area, skateable elements, netball area, parkour and fitness equipment
- incorporate the existing mature trees within the nature and imagination play areas
- integrate seating within the play space to allow for interactive play
- integrate the play spaces with the supporting infrastructure such as shelters, barbecues, drink fountains, seating, etc.
Construction has commenced and during this time the existing playground and picnic areas will be closed and unavailable for use until construction of the new playspace is complete. This is estimated to be in late 2022.