The law prohibits, regulates and controls certain activities, practices and behaviours to ensure that neighbourhood amenity is maintained, residents are not unreasonably impacted on and a person’s property is not detrimentally affected.
The Local Government Act 1989 enables us to produce local laws to cover the following areas:
- protecting residential amenity;
- the keeping of animals;
- incinerators — all burning off is prohibited in the City of Glen Eira;
- street selling and highway collections;
- overhanging trees and shrubs;
- obstructions and behaviour;
- general matters relating to the protection of Council land; and
- Council meeting procedures.