Books in good condition can be donated to: Australian Books for Children of Africa, local schools, book swap sites, friends or selected opportunity and voluntary shops.
Australian Books for Children of Africa
Process and further information
To organise drop off please contact ABCA directly through their website. Based on the requirements of their African students and the cost of shipping books to Africa the following books would be suitable for donation:
- books suitable for children between the ages of 2 and 12 years old
- fiction books + non-fiction books, other than history books, published after 2005
- only books written in English
- books in good condition.
- donate to selected opportunity and voluntary shops
- donate to a local school
- give to a friend
- donate to a local book swap site.
Books that are not in a usable condition can be recycled in your yellow-lidded recycling bin.