Development Contribution Plans are payments towards necessary infrastructure such as roads, drains and community facilities.
Current Development Contribution Plan levies
East Village Development Contributions Plan
East Village is a 25-hectare site, located on the corner of East Boundary Road and North Road in Bentleigh East and was previously zoned for industrial and commercial uses. The plan is for the former industrial area to transition into a bustling hub of innovative jobs, open space and diverse housing. Some existing businesses will remain on the site.
To support this transition, a Development Contribution Plan is used to facilitate the collection of payments towards necessary infrastructure such as roads, drains and community facilities. The East Village Development Contributions Plan is part of the Glen Eira Planning Scheme.
The current Development Contributions Plan levies payable by the development for the relevant areas are:
- Main Change Area 1 Residential (per dwelling) $10,442.62
- Main Change Area 1 Retail (per m2 gross leasable floorspace) $677.81
- Main Change Area 1 Commercial (per m2 gross leasable floorspace) $183.01
- Main Change Area 2 Commercial (per m2 gross leasable floorspace) $102.36
- Residential (per dwelling) $897.68
Calculated as of 30 June 2022. Valid from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023.