Your planning permit will have an expiry date, which will advise when you must start and finish your development.
- If you need more time to get started, you may ask for an extension before or within six months after the planning permit expires.
- If you need more time to finish, you can also ask us to extend the completion date within 12 months after the permit expires.
An extension of time is not approved automatically. We consider a range of criteria, including:
- Whether there has been a change of planning policy
- Whether the permit holder is “warehousing” it (i.e. waiting for a more advantageous time to start the permit)
- the reason that the permit hasn't been started
- The length of time that has passed since the permit issued
- Whether the time orginally given was sufficient to start the permit
- Any economic economic burden imposed on the permit holder by the permit
- The likelyhood that a permit would be issued again if a new application be made
When you apply for an extension of time, reflect on the above criteria and give us lots of information about why we should approve the extension.
For more information, please contact us on 9524 3333.