Do you need answers to key questions before applying for your planning permit? Perhaps you're unsure about something. Apply for pre-application advice to ensure your application is ready to go.
Apply for pre-application advice
What do I need to include?
You must apply for pre-application advice online. To get the best advice and direction for your proposal, start the process early. It's helpful to provide the following information with your request :
- the address
- a description of your proposal
- a site plan showing the proposed design in context with adjoining properties
- floor plans
- any application or meeting fees that may apply (see below)
If you don't have this all together just yet, don't worry. You can speak to an urban planner at our planning counter, or ask for general pre-application advice over the phone.
Application and meeting fees
Minor application ($200)
A minor application for pre-application advice is any proposal which has:
- alterations and extensions to an existing dwelling or commercial building
- development of up to three dwellings on a lot
- a two-lot subdivision
- displayed advertising signage
- reduced or waived the number of car parking spaces required under the Glen Eira Planning Scheme
- changed the use of land
- applications defined as VicSmart
- similar small-scale applications.
Major application ($310)
A major application for pre-application advice is any proposal which has:
- four dwellings or more
- use and developments
- mixed-use applications
- new commercial developments
- subdivision of three or more lots
- matters involving existing use rights or enforcement matters
- other similar applications.
Face-to-face meeting ($310)
If your proposal or question is simple, you may not require a face-to-face meeting. You can speak to an urban planner at our planning counter, or ask for general pre-application advice over the phone on 9524 3333 or via email.
We recommend a face-to-face pre-application meeting if you have a major or complex development proposal.