Victorian building regulations are documented in the:
The Building Act aims to:
- establish, maintain and improve standards for the construction and maintenance of buildings
- facilitate the adoption and application of national uniform building standards and the accreditation of building products
- enhance the amenity of buildings
- protect the safety and health of people who use buildings
- promote the cost-effective construction of buildings
- provide an efficient and effective system for issuing building and occupancy permits.
Informed by the Act, the Building Regulations 2018 have requirements relating to:
- building permits
- occupancy permits
- building maintenance
- enforcement matters.
What role does Glen Eira play?
We're responsible for ensuring you comply with a range of Victorian Government regulations, including those concerning fire safety systems, smoke alarms, and pool and spa fences.