Parking fines

You can pay parking infringements in a number of ways, including online, and you also have the right to contest an infringement.

On this page

Do you take photos?

We may take photos of vehicles that have received parking fines. We do this to document the offence and help with subsequent reviews or prosecution of fines.

If we photograph a vehicle while issuing a parking fine, we may give the vehicle’s owner (or authorised representative) access to the photo as part of open and transparent decision-making.

You will need the Infringement Number and the Vehicle Registration Number to access the photo.

Photos will only become available 24 to 48 hours after we issue the infringement.

Enforcement in school areas

We work in partnership with schools in Glen Eira to support the safety of the large number of students and pedestrians present in school areas at peak times.

Vehicles stopping contrary to the Road Rules in school areas, even for a short period of time can compound existing congestion issues and jeopardise community safety.

Our Officers routinely patrol school areas and take enforcement action where necessary.

Please note, that photographic evidence is not taken in relation to Infringement Notices issued in school areas out of respect for student privacy.

How do I pay a parking fine?

You can pay your parking fine online.

You can also pay fines in the following ways:

  • phone by calling 1300 631 071 (Visa or MasterCard only)
  • mail by sending a cheque or money order to PO Box 42, Caulfield South VIC 3162 (please do not send cash through the mail)
  • in person at Australia Post
  • in person at Council's Service Centre, located at Glen Eira Town Hall on the corner Hawthorn and Glen Eira Roads, Caulfield.

What if I wasn't the driver?

You can complete a Nomination Statement online via the link here. Alternatively, you may complete our Parking infringement nomination form (PDF, 130KB) and send to PO Box 42, Caulfield South VIC 3162 or email

How do I appeal a parking fine?

You can appeal a parking fine online. The application should include documents to support your grounds for review (if applicable). For example, letters from doctors or police reports.

Once we receive your application for internal review, the fine will not incur further costs until after we’ve advised you of the outcome. This is also the case if the due date on the original infringement notice passes.

Under the Infringements Act 2006, Council must make a decision on an internal review within 90 days. We’ll notify you of our decision in writing.

The Infringements Act states that only one review is allowed per fine.

You can also submit an appeal by:

How do I apply for a payment extension or arrangement?

We can provide you with the following support if you are unable to make payment for your parking fine by the due date. The following payment options are available:

  • A 28-day extension of time. 
  • A payment arrangement request which Council will facilitate through Fines Victoria. We will forward your request to Fines Victoria for a payment arrangement.

Fine exemptions for family violence

Are you a family violence victim who has received a fine? The Victorian Government's Family Violence Scheme can help.

Your fine can be withdrawn if your family violence experience substantially contributed to the offence or if it isn't safe for you to nominate the responsible person.

Fines Victoria's dedicated team is qualified to make these decisions. In accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, they will never share your information with the perpetrator of the family violence.

You can download an application form and learn more at the Fines Victoria website.

For further information, speak to trained staff by calling 1300 019 983 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or by emailing

Related documents