Facebook Insights tracks likes, page views and actions taken on your business Facebook page. This data is extremely valuable for your business as it identifies who your audience is and how they are interacting with your page. Tracking this information can help you refine your business strategy and measure your return on ad spending.
The metrics can help you answer important business questions such as:
- Reach and engagement: How many people saw, liked or commented on your posts? How many shared your posts?
- Ads: What is the ratio of paid or organic likes to total likes? How many people viewed organic posts (unpaid content) compared to paid or sponsored posts?
- Actions: How many people click your call-to-action button or message you from your page? How many users click through to your website?
- People: What are the demographics of the people who visit your page (eg. age, gender, country)?
- Views: How many people are viewing your page and which sections are they looking at?
- Posts: What types of posts (eg. photo or video) perform the best? How does the performance of your posts compare with that of your competitors?
Using insights to develop social media strategies
Once you have a picture of how your Facebook page is performing, it’s time to develop strategies around the results. For example, if Insights shows that the 35-44 age group interacts more with your Page than other age groups, tailor your marketing efforts towards this segment. Strategies might include a Google ad targeting the 35-44 age group in your geographical area or more Facebook posts that perform well with that group.
To start using Facebook Insights to create business value, follow this guide.
Last updated 30 March 2021