Watch: Making the most of data analytics
- What are analytics? In digital marketing, analytics refers to measuring and drawing conclusions about user behaviour. In short: acting on information about customer behaviour on your website.
- Google Analytics can help with all kinds of business decisions. Knowing what website visitors do, what pages they do (or don’t) click on, what brought them to your site, and other decisions can lead to better business decisions.
- Analytics can provide very specific data. For instance, knowing what marketing channel (was it email or Google?) sent you the most visitors can help inform where to allocate marketing budget.
- What does analytics data look like? The data can be as simple or detailed as needed. It can vary from one metric (like traffic to a single web page) to comprehensive analysis about which channels provide the most revenue.
- How to get started with Google Analytics: While the learning curve may seem steep, a multitude of instructional videos and beginner’s tutorials are available online.