Watch: Keeping up with the social media networks
- Stay up to date with the world of social media. While it isn't wise for small businesses to jump on every new social media platform, staying up to date with what is trending in social media provides insights into audience interests. It can also kickstart your own creative content development.
- Simple is sometimes best. TikTok is a shining example of the internet’s appetite for authentic, unpolished content.
- Novelty works. And sells. Snapchat is a lesson in the power of novelty and demonstrates the value of transient (that is, temporary) content creation spaces on the internet.
- Many people love curated content. Curation plays a key role in constructing our virtual identities, and Pinterest is a popular place to do it.
- Don’t underestimate niche interest. Twitch’s video game livestreaming is a lesson in the popularity and demand for niche subjects.