Watch: Five ways to build your Facebook audience
- Facebook is more than an advertising and promotional tool. Facebook is a quick, easy and widely available communications channel that enables consumers to interact directly with businesses.
- Social media is predominantly accessed on mobile devices. User behaviour is shaped by the device content is accessed on.
- 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound. This is why it is so important to include subtitles when creating video content for social media.
- Success on Facebook requires consistent content posting. The platform prioritises some types of content (Facebook Live streams and directly uploaded video) over others.
- Only around 5% of your audience will see each post. The Facebook algorithm predicts and decides which posts are more valuable and meaningful, making it more important to post content that people engage with.