Watch: Choosing the right social media platform for your business
- What are the most popular social media platforms in Australia? Facebook is the most widely used, with 16 million unique monthly users. It is followed by YouTube (15 million); Instagram (9 million); WhatsApp (7 million); and Snapchat (6.4 million).
- The 'Golden Rule' for picking a social media platform for business. When selecting a social media platform for business, only commit to what you can consistently engage with.
- How to choose the best social platform based on audience and usage? There is no single ‘best’ social media platform for business. That’s because the user base for platforms varies drastically.
- The best performing industries on Facebook: fashion, automotive, ecommerce, FMCG, travel and the non-profit sector.
- The best performing industries on Instagram: media publishers, fashion, beauty, automotive and sporting goods.
- Industries YouTube is best suited to: software as a service (SaaS), travel and hospitality, healthcare, education, agencies, law, finance and ecommerce.