Mackie Road Reserve is a popular local park in Bentleigh East that has something for everyone, from families with kids looking to play, through to sports enthusiasts.
Mackie Road Reserve
Dogs – on leash
Lawn bowls club
Dogs – off leash
Kids have a lot of fun at the Mackie Road Reserve playground, which includes:
- a curved slide and straight slide
- chain ladder
- shop front
- fireman's pole
- shade sail for protection from the sun
- safety fence between playground and the sports ground
The BBQ area has tables and seating for socialising with family or friends while the kids have loads of fun on the playground are having a kick around.
Mackie Road Reserve has many opportunities for sport and recreation, including:
- sports ground (cricket and soccer)
- internal walking/running pathways
- cricket training nets
Did you know? Mackie Road Reserve is home to Mackie Cricket Club, Glen Eira Junior Soccer Club and Coatesville Tennis Club.
Dog leash information
- The sports oval is a designated off-leash area when not in use by sports clubs.
- All other areas of the reserve are an on-leash area at all times.
- Dogs must be on-leash within 20 metres of barbecues and picnic areas, children’s playgrounds, sports and recreation facilities, both public and sporting events (includes set up and take down), and any Park maintenance activities.
- Dogs are not permitted within fenced playgrounds and sports and recreation facilities including the cricket nets.