on the proposed lease terms outlined below:
- Demised premises: Caulfield Park tennis facilities contained within Crown Land Allotment 32C, Parish of Prahran, Township of Caulfield and part of the land known as Caulfield Park, 280 Balaclava Road, Caulfield North, VIC 3161
- Lease area: 3,072.50 square metres
- Permitted use: delivery of tennis activities to the Glen Eira community at Caulfield Park Tennis Centre
- Term: 10 years with an option for a further five-year term allowing for continuous and consistent delivery of tennis programs
- Rental: an initial six-month rent-free period, then $50,000 plus GST per annum. During the initial six months, Victen21 Pty Ltd will carry out significant capital improvements into the upgrade of the demised premises that align with environmentally sustainable design initiatives, including:
- conversion of the court surface to synthetic grass (significantly reducing water usage at the site);
- installation of LED lighting;
- club house upgrades;
- installation of social seating areas and shade;
- landscape enhancements;
- replacement perimeter fencing; and
- CCTV installation.
- Rent review: adjusted annually by three per cent (3%)
- Repairs and maintenance: all building maintenance and repairs shall be the responsibility of the tenant
Written submissions in respect of proposed lease will be considered by Council in accordance with section 223 of the Act.
Submissions should be addressed to Council’s property co-ordinator, PO Box 42, Caulfield, VIC 3162 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received no later than 5pm on Monday 7 June 2021.
Any person making a written submission under section 223 of the Act is advised that all submissions and personal information will be managed by Council in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. Any person requesting to be heard in support of his or her submission is entitled to be heard before Council or be represented by a person acting on their behalf, on Tuesday 29 June 2021 at a hearing commencing at 7pm in the Council Chambers at Glen Eira Town Hall.
Following the consideration of any submissions, Council may decide to lease the demised premises or not lease the demised premises referred to in the above proposal.
Enquires should be directed to Council’s Recreation Development Co-ordinator by telephone on 9524 3333 or by email to email@example.com
Chief Executive Officer
Glen Eira City Council