Tuck Shop Take Away has been named Glen Eira City Council’s Shop of the Year.
The concept design establishes the floor plan for the Centre — which is within the footprint of the current site — and is where we explore options for the size of key spaces, movement through the site, scale and form of buildings and general layout.
Once endorsed by Council, we will further refine the concept by finalising materials, colours, landscaping and finishes.
The concept plans for Carnegie Swim Centre include:
- an outdoor 50 metre, eight lane pool;
- an outdoor diving pool;
- an indoor warm water program pool and 25 metre learn-to-swim pool;
- a concourse spa;
- indoor sauna, steam room and accessible changerooms;
- indoor program rooms;
- consultancy rooms;
- a café;
- outdoor children’s splash pad/water play;
- lawn areas and open spaces (including retention of the eastern mound);
- barbeques and shaded seating; and
- the retention of character and local charm.
Council has also engaged traffic engineers to conduct a study on traffic and parking impacts on the surrounding area. This report will be available to view on the Glen Eira Have Your Say page.
The redevelopment of Carnegie Swim Centre is an important project that will boost the local economy and provide many jobs. A redeveloped Centre will also improve the general experience for users, support opportunities to enhance community feel and connectedness, and will ensure that the Centre remains environmentally sustainable.
We are planning now so that Carnegie Swim Centre can meet the needs of the growing community for years to come. The project is estimated to be completed by early 2023.
Consultation is open until 12 August 2020.