Tuck Shop Take Away has been named Glen Eira City Council’s Shop of the Year.
The Bentleigh café received the award from Glen Eira Mayor Cr Jim Magee for achieving the highest food safety rating after being assessed by Council’s Environmental Health Officers.
S.OWL Restaurant in Carnegie was named Shop of the Year Runner-up.
This year, there were 10 finalists. Each business was nominated as the best performer in its particular category and presented with a Highly Commended certificate.
Finalists for 2022 were:
- Takeaway — Will's Batch Ice Cream, Bentleigh
- Bakery — AJ's Bakery, Bentleigh East
- Restaurant — S.OWL Restaurant, Carnegie
- Caterer — Nakase Japanese Catering, Bentleigh East
- Café — District Brewer, Bentleigh
- Manufacturer — Charlie’s Cookies, Bentleigh East
- Hotel/Club — Zagames Caulfield Club Hotel, Caulfield East
- Delicatessen — Il Centro Deli, Bentleigh
- School canteen — Elynwood Catering Services, Caulfield East
- Supermarket — Woolworths Carnegie North, Carnegie.