Lord Reserve is an expanse of open space, providing significant opportunities to play sport, exercise your dog or just enjoy the outdoors.
The Murrumbeena Park Masterplan (PDF) adopted by Council in September 2019 outlined plans for the development of the Murrumbeena Community Hub.
The existing pavilion at Murrumbeena Park will be redeveloped to provide an integrated community hub with multi-purpose spaces for use by the community and sports clubs.
The new facility will incorporate:
- three community meeting/multi-purpose rooms
- 140 seated function room with kitchen
- fully accessible showers and toilet facilities
- a Changing Places facility
- sports club change facilities and social space
- a new car park, with a new entrance off Gerald Street.
Council is excited to be partnering with both the Federal and State Governments to deliver this new facility for the community to enjoy. The Federal Government has agreed to provide $4 million in funding and the State Government are contributing $2 million. Council will contribute the remaining $5.7 million.
Construction of the new Community Hub has commenced and is expected to be completed by mid-2022.