Victorian Bushfire Emergency

The 2019/2020 Victorian Bushfire Emergency is currently affecting communities across the state. We will continue to keep you updated on our efforts to support communities affected by bushfires. To find out more and how you can support the Victorian Bushfire Appeal, visit our Victorian Bushfire Emergency page.

Syringes and needle disposal

It’s important that you store and dispose of syringes and needles properly, as they can cause stick injuries and transmit blood-borne diseases. Sharing needles can also spread these diseases.

What if I find a needle or syringe on public land?

Because of the illegal nature of drugs, many users inject in parks, gardens, train stations, and on the street.

We provide needle and syringe disposal units in all public toilets, and we address complaints about needles and syringes found on public land. To lodge a complaint, contact us on 9524 3333.

Where can I take needles and syringes?

These organisations coordinate our local needle and syringe programs:

Caulfield Community Health Service

240 Kooyong Road, Caulfield
9523 6666

Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm

Connect Health and Community

Gardners Road, Bentleigh East
9575 5333
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm

Where can I take needle and syringe containers?

Our needle and syringe container program allows you to dispose of used containers in a collection bin at our Service Centre. We replace all returned sharps containers with a new container, free of charge.

We won’t accept commercial quantities or sharps containers from businesses.

Glen Eira City Council, Service Centre

Corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield

Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8am to 5.30pm, and Tuesday 8am to 7.15pm