Street Party, Festivals and Road Closure Permit

Street parties are a great way to promote community spirit, and organisation is the key to ensuring they’re fun and safe.

We’re happy for you to organise a small street party, but as this will mean closing a road, you need our consent in the form of a Permit issued under the Community Local Law 2019. This Permit is known as a Street Party, Festivals and Road Closure Permit.

To start the process,

Please allow at least six weeks to organise your party.

For information on the full process and your obligations, download the Glen Eira Street Party Guide (PDF, 162KB).

You can also read the Terms and conditions (PDF, 247KB) and download our Application for reimbursement form (PDF, 77KB), which you’ll need after the party.

Related documents