Where to get help
- For emergency assistance in a flood or storm, call the SES on 13 25 00.
- For emergency information about floods and storms, call the SES information line on 1300 842 737.
The role of the SES
The SES has:
- worked with councils to develop a community education plan on flash flooding
- developed a number of flood guides for residents and business owners
- developed advice on how to prepare for and respond to flood events.
Murrumbeena to Malvern Flood Mitigation Project
Melbourne Water is installing a new stormwater drain to reduce the impact of flooding in the area.
The drain will run from Railway Parade in Murrumbeena to Gardiners Creek in Malvern East.
We’ll make every effort to minimise disruption to the community and the environment.