Emergency relief and recovery

There are many agencies that offer relief and recovery assistance after emergencies like fires, floods and storms.

I need financial support

If you need financial assistance after an emergency, please visit the Department of Humans Services (DHS) website or call 1300 650 172.

You can also download these DHS fact sheets:

I need counselling and health advice

Talking to someone can help after a traumatic event. We encourage you to use GPs, 24-hour phone helplines or specialist counselling and support services.

The role of the Australian Red Cross

During an emergency, the Australian Red Cross works to meet the basic human needs of individuals and communities.

The Red Cross website has a range of information about preparing for, responding to and recovering from an emergency.

Download the Red Cross fact sheets below:



Related resources