Personal care

Do you need help with showering or dressing? Our personal care team can help with tasks of daily living.

On This Page

Who is it for?

Our personal care service is available for eligible people who need assistance with daily living.

Ways we can help

Our service response will differ according to each person’s needs and goals. We focus on helping a person to live as independently and autonomously as possible by maximising a person’s independence in personal care.

Some of our services include:

  • showering,
  • dressing and undressing,
  • shaving, hair care and grooming,
  • toileting and other personal hygiene needs.

We can also demonstrate techniques for self-management such as the use of a hand-held shower or a bath seat.

How much does it cost?

  • Low fee: $7 per hour
  • Medium fee: $12.50 per hour
  • High fee: $39 per hour

The cost varies according to your financial income.

Income range

Low fee

Medium fee

High fee

For a single person

Less than $37,405

$37,406 to $82,225

More than $82,226

For a couple 

Less than $57,268

$57,268 to $109,922

More than $109,923

* A per kilometre rate of $1 is charged for any service that requires travel. In a few instances, a higher fee may be charged. This will be determined at the time of accepting a referral.

Please note: we require at least one business day notice for service cancellation and if this is not received, the usual fee will apply.

Accessing the service

The way you access our personal care service depends on your age.

If you're over 65

Visit the My Aged Care website or call them on 1800 200 422, and get a referral to our aged care services.

If you're under 65

Call us on 9524 3333 to see what services you can access.

Payment methods

Direct debit

Direct debit is our preferred method of payment. To pay via direct debit, please complete and return our Direct Debit Request Form (PDF, 130KB) to:

Accounts Receivable
Glen Eira City Council
PO Box 42
Caulfield South 3162


To pay online, visit our payment portal and add the reference number from your bill.

Online via Centrepay

If you're a pensioner, you can ask Centrepay to deduct money before it goes into your bank account.

To pay via Centrepay, link your Council services through MyGov. Find instructions here


To pay via BPAY, please use biller code 73106 and the reference number on your bill.

In person

To pay in person, please visit our Service Centre on the corner of Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield.

How is it funded?

These services are paid for by the Australian Government's Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and Victorian Government's Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP).